BBM for iOS is expanding to the Wi-Fi iPad and iPod touch. House owners of the Wide Info Wi-Fi-simplest iPad and iPod touch will have the ability to download and use BlackBerry Messenger before the end of the day. BlackBerry verified Thursday that updates to BBM for Android and iOS would begin to roll out as free downloads right through the day.
To be had in the course of the Apple App retailer, the iOS adaptation of BBM will provide several enhancements. Tops on the record support for the Wi-Fi-most effective iPad and iPod contact. But there is more in-retailer.
You can also be capable of inviting a BBM contact to your BBM teams using email, a to-hand choice if you don’t know the individual’s PIN. A new “tell your friends” feature will mean you can find fellow BBM customers through the BBM sharing site.
- Samsung Galaxy S4 LTE variant reportedly receives Android 4.3 update
- Nokia ties up with Mercedes-Benz to provide in-car HERE mapping services
- Samsung, Apple working on devices with 12-inch and above screen size
- Samsung Exynos 5 Octa chips refreshed with HMP to use all 8-cores at once
- BlackBerry agrees to $4.7 billion buyouts by Fairfax-led consortium
On hand via Google Play, the up-to-date BBM for the Android app includes identical enhancements hitting the iOS model. It also will help you create classes on your contact lists to organize your BBM contacts and allow you to type and filter your BBM teams.
BlackBerry ran into difficulties in September when it tried to roll out BBM for iOS and Android. A leaked, unreleased version of the app compelled the company to extend the actual launch by a month. The legit iOS and Android variations of BBM launched in October proved hot commodities, reaching 5 million downloads in just eight hours.